Thursday, April 1, 2010

I'll always be a Toys 'R' Us kid

Getting new toys is always fun, but it's much better when the toy is useful. I purchased the 35mm f1.8 lens from Adorama, which is an awesome store by the way, and it is a thing of beauty. As much as I love the 50mm f1.4, I enjoy the flexibility of the 35mm. I no longer have to be an acrobat to take a full frame portrait indoors. The days of hyper extending my arms and neck in a desperate attempt not to cut off someone's head are O-V-E-R.

From Playing with 35mm


Yes, I concur that this post is useless without pics....To test my toy, I opted to shoot one of my favorite subjects, Freddie. I probably have over 500 pics of him already, yet I continue to enjoy snapping away.

"What you lookin' at Willis"
From Playing with 35mm


From Playing with 35mm


Another one of my preferred subject(s)... FOOD PRoN. Kim and I had a few friends over yesterday and we cooked up a nine course meal. More like Kim cooked. I made black bean spareribs and for the very first time...Peking Sparerib. Yes, you heard right, I can make it like the restaurant. Woot! (Pats self on back). Kim's lollipop chicken were delish as always.

Who needs to go to overpriced Sino's when you got Kimbo's
From Playing with 35mm


Catfish claypot.
From Playing with 35mm


From Playing with 35mm

1 comment: